Instagram continues to thrive in a growing social media space. While it offers tons of features like reels, stories, infinite filters, etc., the Facebook-owned app has an obvious limitation. There is no way to copy a comment on the Instagram mobile apps. You can’t just press and copy a comment on Instagram. However, don’t worry because there is a solution. Using the following trick, users can easily copy the comments on Instagram.
Copy comments on Instagram
Maybe you came across a funny comment or a repeat while browsing Instagram and now you want to copy the comment to post it somewhere. As soon as you try to copy the comment in the standard way, the copy pop-up just won’t appear.
You can always take a screenshot of the comment, but it doesn’t serve that purpose. With the following trick, you can easily copy the comments on Instagram in a minute. Let’s start with the Instagram app for iOS.
Copy comments to Instagram iPhone app
First, we will show how to copy Instagram comments to iPhone and then move on to Instagram Android app.
one. Open Instagram on iPhone.
two. Go to the post you want to copy the comment from.
3. Please don’t open the comment thread for now. Instead, tap on the main post’s three-dot menu.
Four. Select the Copy link.
5. Open Safari or Google Chrome or your preferred browser on iPhone.
Note: In the screenshots below, we will be using Safari for reference as it is the default option on iPhone.
6. Paste the copied link into the address bar and hit go.
7. If you are not logged into the Instagram web on your mobile device, Instagram will ask you to log in again.
8. Instagram will open the post you copied from the native app.
9. Expand the comments section. Now try to copy the comment and you won’t get the Copy arise. The reason? We continue to use the mobile web version of Instagram.
10. Touch the web page settings menu in the address bar and select Request desktop website.
eleven. The page will reload with the desktop version of Instagram.
12. Open the comment thread, but you won’t see any comments in portrait mode.
13. Flip your iPhone horizontally and you will see the post comments appear in the side menu.
14. Touch and hold the comment you want to copy and touch the Copy arise.
Now you can paste the comment elsewhere and reuse it.
Copy comments in the Android Instagram application
The steps are almost identical to the iPhone hack on Android, but this time we will use the Google Chrome browser to copy Instagram comments.
one. Open Instagram on Android and go to the post you want to copy the comment from.
two. Tap the three-dot menu at the top and select the Copy link.
3. Open Google Chrome and paste the link. You may need to login again and pass the link.
Four. You still can’t copy the comment as we are on the Instagram mobile website. Convert it to the desktop version.
5. Tap the More menu at the top and enable the Desktop site lever.
6. Chrome will reload the Instagram page and present you with a desktop user interface. Unlike the iPhone, the phone does not need to be rotated here.
7. Expand the comment thread and find the comment you want to copy.
8. Long-press on the comments and select all or part of the comments. Tap on Copy and you’re good to go
Copy comments to Instagram Desktop
It is a standard matter when it comes to copying Instagram comments from the desktop version. You can login to Instagram web on PC or Mac, go to any post, and copy the comments as usual. There are no limitations here like we have in the Instagram mobile apps.
Frequently asked questions about Instagram comments
Why can’t I copy Instagram comments from mobile apps?
With the growing popularity of Instagram, the company wants to avoid copy-paste spam across the entire platform. This is why you have disabled the comment copy features.
Can I copy text from Instagram stories?
No, you cannot copy text from Instagram Stories. Text in Instagram Stories works similar to text in YouTube videos. You cannot copy it.
Conclusion: copy Instagram comments
The above steps may seem too laborious to copy Instagram comments to mobile. But once you get the hang of it, it will barely take you a couple of minutes to copy Instagram comments to iPhone or Android. It can also be useful when you want to copy a compliment on a photo or product on Instagram as a testimonial and share it on other platforms.