Pins and boards They are the building blocks of Pinterest. Usually popular social networks make important features pretty obvious in their apps. However, Pinterest differs slightly. That’s because creating a pin is easy, but one gets confused when it comes to making a pin on Pinterest, especially from business profiles. Whether you’re new to Pinterest, logged in after a while, or own a business profile, this guide will help you create Pinterest boards on Android, iPhone, iPad, and PC. Let us begin.
What is a Pinterest board?
For those of you who don’t know, Pinterest boards are folders where you keep your pins. Boards help collect and organize pins. You can have multiple boards with different themes or purposes. Each board can have sections that further help organize the pins in a superior way.
Two tips to get you started creating Pinterest boards:
- You can create dashboards in two ways. First of all, you can create a board from the Pinterest profile screen and add pins to it later. Alternatively, you can create a board when you are saving a pin. Let’s say you’re browsing the Pinterest feed and you come across an interesting pin. Now you want to save the pin. But while saving it, he realizes that there is no suitable plate for the pin. Now instead of going to the profile screen to create a board, Pinterest lets you create boards directly when you’re collecting pins.
- By default, new boards are public in nature, meaning anyone can see the pins within them. However, you can make the board private by selecting ‘Keep this board secret’ while creating a new board. You can also change the privacy settings of the dashboard after creating it.
Now that you have a little idea about Pinterest boards, let’s see how to make boards on Pinterest. The steps differ slightly for personal and business Pinterest profiles. So we have covered them separately.
How to make a Pinterest board in personal profiles
Create a Pinterest board on PC
one. For the first method where we can create a Pinterest board from your profile, please start the Pinterest website and log into your personal Pinterest account. Click on the profile picture icon at the top to go to your profile.
two. On your profile screen, click the Add icon (+) next to the Sort icon and choose Council from the menu.
3. The Create Dashboard A pop-up window will open. Enter a name for your board in the available text box. Check the box next to Keep this board a secret if you want it to be private. Hit the To create button.
Four. Once a board is created, you will find it with other boards on the profile screen. Now you can save pins from your feed or upload new pins.
That’s one way to create Pinterest boards.
one. For the other method, open the pin you want to save to a board. You’ll notice that Pinterest automatically suggests boards to save the pin. However, since we are interested in creating a new dashboard, click on the Arrow down next to the suggested board name
two. The Save to Plate pop-up window will open. Click on Create Dashboard in the background.
3. Write the Name panel and enable the switch to Secret if you want it to be private. Hit the To create button to make the board. If you do, the pin will be saved.
Create a Pinterest board on Android, iPhone and iPad
one. In the first method, launch the Pinterest app and go to the profile screen by tapping the profile picture icon. Tap on the add icon (+) and select Council from the menu.
two. On the Create Board screen, name your board and add collaborators if you want others to contribute to your board. Also, enable the toggle to Keep this board a secret to create a secret board. Hit the next button and add pins to the board.
3. Alternatively, open the pin you want to save. Hit the Save money button. The Keep on board the screen will open. Tap on Create Dashboard.
Four. You will reach the Create Dashboard screen. Add board name, collaborators, and change board visibility. Hit the To create button.
How to create a Pinterest board on a business profile
Create a Pinterest Business board from your PC
In Pinterest business profiles, the steps to create a board are slightly different when using the first method. However, the second method remains the same.
one. Open the pin, click the board selection arrow, and press the Create Dashboard button.
two. But if you want to create the dashboard in advance, click on the company logo icon that is, the profile picture icon on the Pinterest website.
3. You will arrive at the profile screen. Click on the Saved tab. Two new options will appear on the right side. Click Add (+) icon and select Council from the menu.
Create a Pinterest Business board from your mobile
one. Open the Pinterest app on your Android phone, iPhone, or iPad. Tap on the profile picture icon. When you land on the profile screen, tap the Saved tab.
two. Tap on the add icon (+) and select Council from the menu. Give your board a name and choose the type of visibility for your dashboard.
3. In case you want to create a board while saving a pin to your Pinterest business account, open the pin and press the Save money button. Tap on Create Dashboard just as you would with normal accounts.
Conclusion: create Pinterest boards
We hope you’ve been able to create Pinterest boards from businesses, as well as regular profiles on your Android, iPhone, iPad, and laptop. Once you’ve created a dashboard, you can edit and customize it in a number of ways. For example, you can change the dashboard cover, add a dashboard description, change privacy, merge dashboards, or even archive the dashboard using the dashboard edit settings.